Monday, November 23, 2009

How Much Does Ethernet Cable Cost

ADMIRATION

LETTER

Saviano meets Bondi
"That's why we can not remain silent" - Appeal to the Justice: the writer on letter from the Minister of Culture invited him not to take sides
by Roberto Saviano


Dear Minister Sandro Bondi, thank you for your letter and the attention given to my work: I appreciated your respectful tone and dialogue not granted these days, and then in the same tone and attitude to the dialogue I want to answer. As I know, I have often drawn attention to certain issues can not and should not be considered the preserve of a political party. I have also always understood my struggle as something other than a certain idea of \u200b\u200bmilitancy that is recognized in full in a grid.

I have always believed that they should belong to all the principles that you mention - freedom, justice, human dignity and I add also the right to happiness in any society is experiencing. And that is why I always hated the abuse of power, it takes the form of a totalitarian system of any color, or, as I have experienced since adolescence, under the form of the system Camorra.

too I hope to be back in Italy a more civilized atmosphere and I have repeatedly reached out beyond the fences because they are convinced that a political division of each district for which you denigrate and delegitimize the block, is something that hurts.
But today the climate of tension in this country is because everyone knows that, depending on the position that it intends to take against the Government, will see their lives defamed, you'll see every kind of denigration against the future of their loved ones, can see hindered their career opportunities.

Germany few days ago I was honored Scholl Award, in memory of two students organization Christian White Rose, a brother and sister, executed by the Nazis with their peaceful opposition to beheading for having just written leaflets and have invited the Germans not to gag.

All the people I met there at the awards ceremony at the University of Monaco, was concerned about what is happening today in Italy in the field of press freedom and law. It was not an award of dangerous or subversive conspirators who knows what anti-Italian. Quite the contrary. German Bavarian Christian gathering commemorating their martyrs. All seriously concerned about what is happening in Italy and all ready to ask me how do I take the freedom of expression but to continue to work in Italy.
is not a good sign and, as a writer, I can only pick up the embarrassment of being welcomed as a sort of intellectual in a country where freedom of expression undergoes an exception. The program showed she appreciated in the early evening, the terror caused by the Russian Communist regime, and Castro's persecution of the Cuban writers and hell in Iran of Ahmadinejad.

Everything was broadcast in a broadcast as "Che tempo che fa", as RaiTre on a network, so often accused of being partisan, ideological, enslaved to the left or even a boss as Sandokan liked to call "Telekabul" . To demonstrate this, Minister, quanto siano spesso pretestuose e false le accuse che vengono fatte contro chi invece si prefigge il compito di raccontare per bisogno - o dovere - di verità.

Però sono altrettanto convinto che a volte, proprio per semplice senso civile, non si possa stare zitti. Che bisogna prendere posizione al costo di schierarsi. E schierarsi non significa ideologicamente. La paura che questa legge possa colpire il paese sia per i suoi effetti pratici, sia per l'ingiustizia che ratifica, in me è assolutamente reale e per niente pretestuosa.
In questi anni, ossia da quando vivo sotto scorta, ho avuto modo di poter approfondire cosa significhi, tradotto nel funzionamento di uno stato democratico, il concetto di Justice. I understand that it is not only the defense of legality, but what sustains it and makes it more functional is the preservation of law and the rule of law.

I decided to publish this appeal because the law on the process seems like a quick heavy attack - not the first, but what I think is by far the stronger - to the detriment of a good key for all Italian citizens, of right or left, as I wrote and I really like. And I assure you that I'd do it tomorrow, without fear of being ascribed to a part and to be able to pay the consequences.
There is nothing in this act that does not correspond to anything I've done or said. The these are my views and the rest could not act otherwise. What prompts me to tell, in the early evening, the cruel murders of two young women whose only crime was to have been manifested in the square, in a peaceful manner.

What prompts me to recount the crimes of communism in Russia and the abuses of the multinationals in Africa is not a "get the demon to take possession of the politicization of culture and partitizzazione" but another demon. What he intended to tell the truth or at least try. Information for those who are uncomfortable with and who listens, observes, the law. In Italy the drift that is taking the rule of law is dangerous because has all the features of irreversibility. That's why I act this way because it is the only way I know to be a writer, this is the only way I know to be a man.
I greet you with warmth

© 2009 Roberto Saviano. Published by arrangement with Roberto Santachiara Literary Agency

reserved © Playing: The Republic
(November 23, 2009) .... ............................................... ....
............................................... ..............................

Former President: "I do not use appeals to join, but agree to Saviano"
Concerned about the health of our democracy, "Manipulation rules"
Ciampi: "Enough" ad personam "laws, Berlusconi delegitimize the institutions" of
MASSIMO GIANNINI


"We live a sad time. In the final years of my life, really did not imagine having to watch such a barbarity of political action, an assault so brutal and systematic institutions and values \u200b\u200bin which I believed ...». The first thing that strikes you, in the words of Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, is the bitterness. Deep bitterness of the fate of Italy and conditions of our democracy.

Never as much as on this occasion the former head of state, a true "noble father" of the Republic, launches its indictment of those responsible for this "barbarism" and this "aggression": Silvio Berlusconi, his government and his majority, who are tearing down to "pick hits" the principles on which stands the Constitution, that "our civil Bible."

"You see - reasons Ciampi - my bitterness comes from the realization of what is happening everyday now on justice, not only on justice. There has been a real deterioration of collective values, you feel a sense of constant manipulation delle regole, una perdita inesorabile di quelli che sono i punti cardinali del nostro vivere civile". Vale per tutto: non solo i rapporti tra politica e magistratura. Le relazioni tra potere esecutivo e Parlamento, tra governo e presidenza della Repubblica, tra premier e organi di garanzia, a partire dalla Corte costituzionale. L'intero sistema istituzionale, secondo Ciampi, è esposto ad un'opera di progressiva "destrutturazione". "Qui non è più una questione di battaglia politica, che può essere anche aspra, come è naturale in ogni democrazia. Qui si destabilizzano i riferimenti più solidi dell'edificio democratico, cioè le istituzioni, e si umiliano i valori che le istituzioni rappresentano. Questa è la mia amara reflection ...".

Ciampi, perhaps for the first time, speaks bluntly of the Knight, and what has been and is in this "decaying landscape." "I remember a book by Marc Lazar , released a couple of years ago, where I used to come and Berlusconi as recounted details of a pendulum: on the one hand Ciampi, the man who defends the institutions, and across Berlusconi, the man who delegitimize the institutions . Never before today I would say that this picture sums up perfectly what I think. I have lived my whole life in institutions and the institutions that are the heart of democracy. And do not forget the lessons of the Revolution Neapolitan Vincenzo Cuoco 1797: the happiness of the people are no longer necessary orders that the men, the institutions beyond the boundaries of generations. But then, to the viability of the institutions, we need men and their civic passions, their ideals of democracy. And I, today, this is what I see lacking in those who govern us ...".

The last chapter of this nefarious "rewriting" the Constitution of our formal and material justice concerns, of course, and now the Lodo Alfano also the bill on the short process by which the prime minister to clear the two processes that concern him, he scorched earth of the entire judiciary power. On this conviction of Ciampi is without appeal: "The reforms are made by citizens, not for individuals. I always thought, and today I am more convinced than ever: enough with the ad personam" laws, which do not solve people's problems and do not help the country to improve ". Fa more, the former president. It goes to reflect on what might happen if and when this new law is approved, shame: "I do not give advice to anyone, least of all to those who have succeeded at the Quirinale. But the head of state among its powers, has one of the promulgation. If a law is not not signing it. It should not be used as an argument for always so that the promulgation if Parliament rejected the law to re-approve the first time, the president is then forced to sign it. Meanwhile promulgation of the law at first reading: The Constitution expressly provides that presidential prerogative. The use: a way to send a strong message to those who want to alter the rules, the Parliament and the public. "Ciampi Napolitano does not name, but it makes an implicit reference to Francesco Saverio Borrelli:" I think for those who care institutions today, the only rule to be respected is that of "quantum potes": do what you can. In other words: hold on. "

He himself, in his seven years on the Hill, has resisted several times behind the Knight. From the Gasparri law for the tv to the reform of the judiciary of Castles:" You true, but I just did my duty. There is one thing, which I regret to this day: my only message to the Chambers, the pluralism of broadcasting and information. Then it was a crucial issue for the quality of our democracy. The Parliament has not picked it up, and since then has not done anything. Today, just watching TV to realize, that theme is even more serious. A real emergency. "

But so dark, according to Ciampi, there is also some glimmer of light. For example, the call to" Republic "by Roberto Saviano, who asks the prime minister to withdraw the law on 'abbreviated process, the "rule of privilege." "I - says the president emeritus of the Republic - for the role I played I do not use sign calls. But I agree with from beginning to end to Saviano. Responds to one of the principles that have guided me all my life. And the fact I've got so many acceptances represents hope, especially for young people. It's the old motto of the Rosselli brothers: Do not give up. They paid with their lives for faithfulness to this principle. Here and now, in Italy, there is at stake people's lives. But there are values \u200b\u200bfor which we fought and which we believed. At stake is the good democracy: trust me, it is enough to not give up. "

reserved © Reproduction: The Republic
(November 23, 2009)

0 comments:

Post a Comment